Friday, August 3, 2007

Diamond Preparation Day 3

The plan for today was to climb long multipitch routes at Lumpy Ridge to prepare for the Diamond, but it looked like it was going to rain today at Lumpy. The weather looked better for Vedauwoo, so we went there instead. Our first climb was Beef Eater (5.10b). I forgot my camera, but here is a picture of another climber on the route that I found on Pete Takeda's website.

Andre will be switching leads with me on the Diamond, so I want him to get as much experience leading and setting anchors as possible. Andre lead the first pitch of Beef Eater (5.9), Finally (5.9+ with offwidth), and Stand and Deliver (5.10). The obvious crack splitting the top block in this photo is "Finally." Neither of us fell on any of the routes today.

Then it rained a bit, and we couldn't tell if it would start raining again. We decided to boulder rather than get stuck on a route in the rain. I worked out all the moves on Iron Maiden (V9), and Andre climbed Tempest (V10). It was a good day.

1 comment:

James Hickey said...

dave good luck on iron maiden!!! i want to do that one so bad.... the voo is sick...i went there for my first time yesterday!