Saturday, February 2, 2008

What a Day.


Today is my 32nd birthday, and I wanted to climb. There were clouds around and the temps were in the 30s, but we decided to try. The sun was out when we arrived at Morrison, but it didn't last very long. The rock stayed cold and crisp. Our hands went numb at times, yet we had a really good day. Ashley and I both climbed our projects. "Wisdom Simulator" was pumpy, but not as pumpy as I feared. Ashley's project was an endurance problem Annette showed her called "The Great Round Trip."

One of the highlights of the day was seeing "Extra Otis" get climbed. We also witnessed Morrison sport climbing. I had noticed the bolts, but had never seen climbers try the route before.


Now that we've gotten our projects at Morrison, we are ready for Spring. Punxsutawney Phil isn't the only groundhog. Eight out of ten famous groundhogs didn't see their shadows today, and Spring should be here soon. Here is a photo I took early last Summer of Le Do climbing at the Ceremonies. It helps remind me of how good the days are going to get.

No comments: