Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here Comes the Sun, Hueco Day 3

The weather couldn't have been better yesterday. Bright sun, clear skys, pleasantly cool temperatures through the whole day. We worked on projects in the morning, and then found a problem we hadn't looked at before called "Chris' Arete". It looked good, and climbed even better.





Chris' Arete

Ashley and I each figured out our own sequence to climb it. In the afternoon we hiked around looking at some hard problems, then we spent some time climbing a few easy problems. "Daily Grind" was pretty fun. It finishes by chimneying between two boulders, and is a bit high. My pictures came out dark. I'll fix and post them when I get back to my computer.

The girls bouldering.

The sunset was quite nice. Hiking out, the vast and still space of the open desert left quite an impression on me.

No comments: