Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Three Day Weekend.

After parent/teacher conferences last week I got a three day weekend. The whole family was sick though, so it limited our plans. We didn't want to take the girls outside, so on Friday I went out on my own for a session at Vedauwoo. I didn't send my project, Iron Maiden, but I did all the moves and restored my muscle memory. It was a beautiful day, hanging out in the sun between attempts, and having some time to myself after long days of conferences.

Friday night we went to the Day of the Deadpoint. The costumes were quite entertaining. Ashley had a good time, and climbed well despite being sick. Paige Claassen, a 17 year old from Estes Park, climbed very strong, and won the female open division.


Saturday, I finally got an opportunity to sit down and watch my copy Underground Chuck's new compilation called "Monday Mojo."

I really enjoyed it. About half of the films are well done shorts from Rocklands, South Africa. The other half were filmed in Colorado or Hueco. I love to see areas I climb at in videos, and this one has Clear Creek, Dinosaur Mountain, Penitente Canyon, Redfeather, Millenium Boulder and Mt. Evans. The landscapes are a main feature of each film, and that brings out the atmosphere of each area. Most of these films had already been posted online, but I had only seen a few of them. You can get a copy at www.bouldering.com. for only 15 dollars including shipping. I'm not connected to this website in any way, but I enjoyed this film and the pricing strategy. I'd like this DVD to be a success so Chuck will do more of them.

Sunday, I really found out how addicted to climbing I am. The weather was fantastic, but the girls were still really sick, and I had a lot of grading to do. I really felt like climbing, but I couldn't. Instead, I spent 30 minutes on the slackline, and that helped me feel a little better.

No comments: